"Maria Luigia Borsi...is a young, sweet-toned lyric soprano able to float pianissimos in the highest register to ravishing effect."
"Maria Luigia Borsi's clean, fresh and fleshy lyric soprano
proves well suited for Respighi's Il tramonto."
BBC Music Magazine (UK)
"The soprano voice of Maria Luigia Borsi is very recognizable, as it happens rarely in this globalized world of singers, and at the same time, she is able to bestow upon each of her characters…so much original, distinctive profile, as it happens only in rare occasions."
Opera Lounge (Berlin)
"In the comprehensive half dozen Puccini arias Borsi reveals faultless artistry. One can hardly say it better. This is as near to as good as it gets. Catalani’s 'Ebben? Ne andrò lontana' (from La Wally) is liberally represented in the legendary discographies of Callas, Gheorghiu, Tebaldi and Fleming. Borsi delivers the excerpt with ravishing beauty and certainly merits a place among their olympian ranks."
Daily Classical Music (New Zealand)
"Maria Luigia Borsi…shows us why she is considered ideal for the touchingly pathetic heroines of Verdi and Puccini in
‘Italian soprano Arias’."
Audio Video Club of Atlanta (USA)
"It is a voice of considerable beauty that was obviously born to sing the sad roles Puccini gave to his leading sopranos."
David's Review Corner (USA)
Promotional video - “Italian Soprano Arias”
ITALIAN SOPRANO ARIAS
1. Il Tramonto - (15:06)
2. Madama Butterfly, Act II: Un bel dì , vedremo (5:23)
3. Otello, Act IV: Era più calmo....Mia madre aveva una povera ancella - Ave Maria (16:54)
4. Turandot, Act I: Signore, ascolta! (2:55)
5. La bohème, Act III: Donde lieta uscì (3:16)
6. Suor Angelica: Senza mamma (4:45)
7. La rondine, Act I: Chi il bel sogno di Doretta (3:32)
8. La Wally, Act I: Ebben ne andrò lontana (4:01)
9. Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro (2:47)